in between bites & sips ...

thanks for stopping by! here's where i put various thought, quotes or stories. most will be brief, some may be extended - but all will be somehow connected to my world. enjoy your stay!



Friday, January 25, 2008

Travel Day 1 ... the return

It is now about 7:30 on Friday afternoon in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. That's right - Santa Cruz. I'm supposed to be hanging out in Miami, FL awaiting a flight that will lead me home. Unfortunately, stuff happens sometimes on trips like this.

It feels as though we are in the Amazing Race and have hit a road block! Our flight from Cochabamba to Santa Cruz was delayed by about 1/2 hour. This was just enough time for us to not be able to be 1 hour early for our flight to Miami. If you aren't 1 hour early for an international flight, you don't fly! So, instead of a 10:05am flight to Miami, we are taking an 11:55pm flight. ugh.

We went to a local hotel (my current location) and have been hanging out here, with the odd sojourn into the surrounding city. This means I'll likely only be home at around 10:30PM on Saturday night ... hopefully I'll be awake for Sunday morning since I guess I'll be sleeping on the plane tonight!

I'll likely not be able to post again until Sunday afternoon (you never know though!) - so - if you want the latest on my adventure, I guess you'll just have to come to Liberty Assembly Sunday morning!

If I'm up to it, I may do a quick post Saturday night when I get home - if you'd like to hear the sermon, just go to www.myfreedomplace.com sometime Sunday or Monday and you'll be able to hear the concluding blog entry, but in oral form!

Now, I'm going to wash up and get ready for the shuttle back to the airport - we take off in 4 hours!

No comments: