in between bites & sips ...

thanks for stopping by! here's where i put various thought, quotes or stories. most will be brief, some may be extended - but all will be somehow connected to my world. enjoy your stay!



Saturday, May 24, 2008

Grandpa Roxby

Nana & Grandpa Roxby

Today was my grandfather's funeral. Sadly, I couldn't make it since I am in Bolivia right now - but - that doesn't mean that my family wasn't on my heart today.

Grandpa Roxby was the best kind of grandfather you could imagine. He'd always be trying to make you laugh - he was a master of facial expression - he was curious and loved to share his findings with anyone in his viscinity - an adventurer, a scholar, a comic --- I know there are a million other things I could say, but at this moment - these are the things that come to mind.

One thing I'm so pleased about is that I know my grandpa is going to continue to speak to me. I was blessed by getting a lot of his Bible study notes. Admittedly, I haven't looked at them much - but - I've looked at them enough to know that he didn't merely read the Bible ... he studied it.

He was 98 years old, and not doing so well in his last years - but his memory will live on forever for me. The next time I go off the beaten trail on an adventure or see someone smile with a glow in their eyes that tells me it comes from the heart, I'll think of Grandpa Roxby.

No comments: