in between bites & sips ...

thanks for stopping by! here's where i put various thought, quotes or stories. most will be brief, some may be extended - but all will be somehow connected to my world. enjoy your stay!



Monday, July 21, 2008

I sent my first-born to camp today

I sent my first-born child to camp today. I can't say that I felt the sense of 'this is so wrong' I felt when we dropped her off for her first day of school - but nonetheless, it's a bit scary!

I mean, for a whole week she will be under the influence of veritable strangers! Sure they are well-meaning Christians that have cleared all the necessary requirements for A/G camps - but - really ... those people are CRAZY!

My daughter is going to be running, screaming, sliding in mud, stuffing her face with foods from undeciferable animal parts, meeting innumerable immature children (& teens), sleeping in army barracks with communal bathrooms - it just feels wrong to leave an individual that God Himself entrusted to me to protect & nurture!

Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I crazy? Or so crazy that I'm brilliant! :O

Regardless, I know she's going to have a blast. She's going to come home a little bit older, a little bit wiser - but more than anything, a little bit closer in her walk with a wonderful Lord and Savior named Jesus.

Jesus - please watch over my little girl this week. May she make wonderful new friends and have the time of her life. But, please touch her this week. May she come to know you a little more. May she know you in her worship. May she know you in her prayers. May she know You are there with her wherever she goes and whatever she does. Become more real to her this week. In Your name I pray. Amen.

No comments: