in between bites & sips ...

thanks for stopping by! here's where i put various thought, quotes or stories. most will be brief, some may be extended - but all will be somehow connected to my world. enjoy your stay!



Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I am sweaty - Oh so sweaty ...

I knew it!

It didn't make sense, but the other day I couldn't believe the amount of sweat that was pouring from my body. In a matter of minutes in the heat, it appeared as though I had run through a sprinkler.

And now I know why ... Youngstown is sweaty!

In an article found on MSNBC's website, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25391565/from/ET/>1=43001 - it lists the top 100 sweaty cities is the US, and just making the cut is Youngstown, Ohio at 93. Sure, you say - 93 isn't top 10 or even top 50 - but when you consider how many major cities there are in the US and how far north Youngstown is relative to most cities ... this is quite the achievement!

So, now Youngstonians can add sweaty to their list of examples of incliment weather patterns found locally - right after cloudy, rainy, stormy, snowy & coldy.

No comments: