in between bites & sips ...

thanks for stopping by! here's where i put various thought, quotes or stories. most will be brief, some may be extended - but all will be somehow connected to my world. enjoy your stay!



Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oops, I did it again!

Did you read one of my previous posts about never knowing when the January semester started in college? Well, here's another one of those things I ALWAYS seem to mess up on!

These are pictures of my driveway.










Notice anything? Yep, that's right, there's a patch that is a different color than the rest. That's because I am in the process of re-sealing my driveway.

WHY CAN'T I EVER BUY ENOUGH SEALANT!!!!!!!

I bought so much, I was sure I was going to have left-over sealant to store until next year! But, noooooo - I run out just short of the finish line, now I have to buy a hole new tub, just for that square!

I figured that I would have been past the problems I had when living in Oshawa in this area. The first time I went to seal that driveway, of course, I didn't buy enough - by FAR! I got 1/3 of the way done.

My neighbor, seeing my predicament, indicated that he can get the stuff for free at work. GREAT! He, of course, doesn't get me enough of it - so - I can't finish ... again. Not only that, but what he gave me was a different consistency that the stuff I used previously, so - my driveway now had 3 sections of sealant: original, store-bought, & commercial use!

Spring-time comes - I buy plenty. But, I forget that the driveway actually goes right into my backyard, past the gate. Of course ... not enough.

I really wanted to get it right this time! Oh well. Off to the store I go!

Later!

No comments: